Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dear God

Dear God,
There is something important I want to talk about,
throughout the years you have filled me with doubt.
Born and raised a Christian, a Catholic to be exact,
I've come to understand that the Bible is  not fact.
How dare you tell women whose babies die that purgatory is where they stay,
and how dare you tell gays that hell is where they will be slayed.
I want to believe you're better than that,
but you've taken my son and that is a fact.
You've created me pain and doubt in my mind,
you couldn't give me the one thing I needed and that was time.
Time to hear him laugh and even cry,
now how am I supposed to say God is divine?
It has been two years of questioning my faith,
and not understanding which path to take.
Please show me your mercy and take my hand,
Please give me a reason to believe you are grand.


In Memory of Zeke Abraham <3


No comments:

Post a Comment